The Information Technology Council (ITC) of the University of Michigan envisions a future for the university in which:
- Members of the community have the freedom to choose from an array of tools and devices that are supported by a common infrastructure.
- Strive to provide ubiquitous access to resources, learning experiences, and colleagues at the university and beyond to meet the rising expectations of access to everything from anywhere.
- Collaboration—supporting knowledge sharing, education, and research—is seamless and independent of time, location, unit, level, or institution.
- Technology enables new directions and business models (e.g., lifelong and life-wide learning) that extend globally and beyond institutional boundaries.
- Computing infrastructure and services are integrated across the core missions of the university.
- Computing infrastructure and services are built to support innovation, flexibility, efficiency, effective use of data, and functional completeness.
- Provide education, community support and resources to allow individuals to use technology to do amazing things.
- Develop vision and strategic direction for shared information and communication technologies for entire university
- Review and prioritize projects that align with U-M IT strategy
- Individual members are responsible for representing and communicating with their constituencies
Undergraduate Student, School of Information
Interim Chief Information Security Officer
T.C. Chang Professor of Engineering and Chair, Department of Chemical Engineering
Dean, Ross School of Business
Dean, School of Information
|Barry Fishman (On Sabbatical until 2019)
Arthur F. Thurnau Professor, Professor of Information and Education
|Teaching and Learning Domain Steward|
Ross School of Business
Unit IT Steering Committee Representative, Vice Chair
University Librarian and Dean of University Libraries
|Knowledge Domain Steward|
|James Holloway, IT Council Chair
Vice Provost for Global Engagement and Interdisciplinary Academic Affairs, Professor of Nuclear Engineering & Radiological Sciences
|Administrative Domain Steward (Student Administration)|
Dean, School of Nursing
Graduate Student, School of Medicine
Executive Director of Information Technology, College of Engineering
|Unit IT Steering Committee Representative, Chair|
Associate Professor of Health Management and Policy, School of Public Health
Vice President for Information Technology and Chief Information Officer
|IT Leadership, University of Michigan Campuses|
Undergraduate Student, Ross School of Business
Chief Information Officer for Michigan Medicine
|IT Leadership, Michigan Medicine|
Associate Professor of Computer Science and Engineering Division, College of Engineering
Undergraduate Student, College of Literature, Science and the Arts