The University of Michigan Board of Regents appointed Ravi Pendse, Ph.D. as vice president for information technology and chief information officer effective August 1, 2018.
Dr. Pendse serves as an executive officer of the university and provides university-wide leadership and strategic direction for information technology.
Dr. Pendse has extensive experience as a successful and collaborative university leader, most recently as Brown University’s vice president for computing and information services and chief information officer. He has also been a professor, researcher, teacher and advisor to students. His successes include securing more than $21 million in external research grants, developing university courses, earning several teaching awards, and publishing numerous scholarly articles and papers co-authored by students.
Dr. Pendse holds a B.S. in electronics and communication engineering from Osmania University in Hyderabad, India. He received his M.S. and Ph.D. in electrical engineering from Wichita State University. To arrange an appointment, please contact Vashni Santee.
- Ravi's TEDxICT Talk: Our Relationship with Technology
- Ravi on the Diane Rehm Show: Debate Over Counter Cyberattack Strategies
- Ravi's Senate Testimony: Getting it Right on Data Breach and Notification Legislation in the 114th Congress
- IT Distinguished Lecture Series at Brown University: A conversation with Michael Dell
- IT Distinguished Lecture Series at Brown University: A Fireside Chat with Aneel Bhusri