The University of Michigan will be a leader in the appropriate use of technology among its peers and in the world.
Initial IT Goals
VPIT-CIO Ravi Pendse collaborated with ITS and university leadership to outline a series of initial goals to help U-M faculty, researchers, staff, and students be world-class in their use of technology to teach, learn, research, and work.
These initial goals are dedicated to a number of mission critical initiatives that are rooted in creating cohesive digital experiences and enabling enterprise-level innovations. We strive to:
- Elevate the customer experience by providing proactive, laser focused customer service
- Provide appropriate IT security and privacy in an open university society, while enabling innovation
- Support data-informed decision making
- Deliver intuitive research computing solutions
- Build a world-class, transformational network and reliable administrative systems