Register today for the 2018 Michigan IT Symposium, November 28-29, 2018. The Michigan IT Symposium is an annual event to help create connections between community members, while highlighting the innovation and ingenuity occurring across all of the U-M campuses. The event is open to all members of Michigan's IT community and includes multiple types of interactions, including plenary and breakout events. This year’s event will once again take place at the Michigan League on the Ann Arbor campus.
Details at a Glance
Who can attend: University of Michigan IT professionals
What will take place: A keynote presentation, a town hall discussion with CIOs from all four U-M campuses, 21 breakout presentations and 58 posters by members of the U-M IT community
When is it happening:
- Poster Preview and Reception: November 28 (3:30 – 5:30 p.m.)
- Symposium: November 29 (8:00 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.)
Where: Michigan League (Central Campus) - see FAQs below for directions and parking info
Registration: Registration is now open! (register at Sessions@Umich here)
Event Hashtag: #MichiganIT
- 3:30 - 5:30 p.m. • Poster Preview and Reception
- 8:00 a.m. • Mcard Check-In, breakfast served
- 9 – 10:30 a.m. • Welcome & Keynote Speaker
Dr. Kyla McMullen, professor and leader of the SoundPAD Laboratory at the University of Florida, the first African American woman Ph.D. graduate in computer science from U-M (Sponsored by the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion)
- 10:30 a.m.–12:15 p.m. • Poster Session & U-M IT Leadership Panel
Symposium attendees will split their time between these two events and rotate after 45 minutes. There will be a 10 minute break to allow for audience transitions between the poster session and the Mendelssohn Theatre.
- 12:15–1:15 p.m. • Lunch (deadline to register for lunch is Friday, Nov. 16)
- 1:15–2:05 p.m. • Breakout Session 1
- 2:15 – 3:05 p.m. • Breakout Session 2
- 3:15 – 4:05 p.m. • Breakout Session 3
- 4:15 – 4:45 p.m. • Closing Remarks with Ravi Pendse, Vice President for IT and CIO
Posters and Presentations
IT Practice Areas
- Teaching & Learning
- Patient Care
- IT Services & Tools
IT Culture and Community
- How We Work
- Michigan IT Community
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Important Dates for Presenters
- October 19: "Print-ready" Posters Due
- November 15: Presentations Due
The IT Symposium is one of several activities sponsored by the VPIT-CIO and organized by the Michigan IT Steering Committee to build community and encourage collaboration among U-M’s 2,700 IT professionals.
We are always looking for individuals to contribute to the event’s success. Please consider volunteering to help by signing up on our Sign Up Genius page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Send additional questions, feedback, and ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When does registration for the event open?
Registration to attend the Michigan IT Symposium is now open! (register here)
- Is there a cost to attend the event?
There is no cost to attend. This event is sponsored by the Office of the CIO and hosted by the Michigan IT Steering Committee Group. Breakfast and lunch are included.
- Where in the Michigan League will the event be held?
The event will take place on all three floors of the League. Check-in will be done using Mcards. Please bring your Mcard with you.
- Is there parking at the League?
There is very little metered parking available in front of the League. Additional parking information can be found here: Visitor & Parking Map and Driving Directions.