ACTION NEEDED: Your SiteMaker Sites go offline October 30
From: The SiteMaker Project Team <via Arial>
To: Active sites owners
Date: W Sep 23
Subject line: ACTION NEEDED: Your SiteMaker Sites go offline October 30
You are receiving this message because our records show you are the owner of the SiteMaker site(s) listed below. You may disregard this message if you are no longer responsible for the site(s) listed, or if you have already moved them from SiteMaker.
As we informed you in previous communications, on August 28, 2015, your SiteMaker sites became read-only. They are still accessible for viewing, but you may no longer edit your site content. Please be aware of the following important information:
- On October 30, 2015, all remaining SiteMaker sites will be taken offline and they will no longer be viewable or accessible. Sites can only be archived or deleted after that date.
- On November 30, 2015 ITS will decommission SiteMaker.
Here is what you need to do:
- If you no longer need your site(s), contact the ITS Service Center to have them archived and/or deleted. (Please do not reply to this email.)
- If you want to keep your site(s), review the options available to you for moving them out of SiteMaker before the service is decommissioned at the end of November. The project team has compiled a list of alternative Web hosting services for consideration.
- We encourage you to add a notification about going offline on October 30 to your SiteMaker homepage(s) so visitors are aware of this change. We have posted instructionsfor how to do this.
For more information, visit the SiteMaker Transition project site. View the project roadmap and read the latest project updates for details. Please contact the ITS Service Center if you have questions or concerns, or need assistance. Thank you!
The SiteMaker Project Team
For Assistance or Questions
Contact the ITS Service Center:
Mon-Thurs, 7 a.m.-7 p.m.; Fri, 7 a.m.-6 p.m.; Sun, 2-7 p.m.